Roving bar night Red Rover which had debuted this past March at First & Hope Supper Club will now be popping up on the Westsiide! Hotel Shangri-La in Santa Monica on Monday, July 12 to be exact. Yes, Marcos Tello and Aidan Demarest, aka cocktail consultation firm, Tello/Demarest Liquid Assets, will not only be bringing their mixology to west of the 405 for a change but this night’s lineup will consist of all women bartenders from around the country! No wonder this night has been renamed Red Hot Rover.
The ladies have come up with an 11-cocktail list (each drink is $13) for you to enjoy against the beautiful backdrop of the sun setting over the Pacific Ocean. Lovely.
- Amer Sucree: Oxley Gin, M&R Sweet Vermouth, elderflower liqueur
- Angkor Wat: Bacardi Coco, lime, serrano chile and cilantro
- Bay Rose: Oxley Gin, blackberries, pink peppercorn honey syrup, splash of lemon and egg whites
- Bonita Applebaum: Bacardi, Landy Cognac, Chartruese and apple butter with cinnamon
- Gin Et Vertjus: Oxley Gin with Persian sour grapes and honey syrup
- La Summer: Serrano chile pepper syrup with mescal and Cazadores tequila with mango and pineapple
- Lost Horizon Cock-Tail: Sassafras-infused Bacardi 8 Rum with Demarara syrup topped with nutmeg and orange
- Love & Secrets: Passionfruit with Cazadores Reposado Tequila, citrus and sweet topped with Marini & Rossi Asti Spumante
- Mother’s Milk: Bacardi 8 with Falernum, Rhum Agricole mixed with coconut milk, lime and topped with flowers and candy
- South Central: Muddled cucumber and mint with splash of lime, sugar and Corzo Silver Tequila
- The Westside: Mint, blueberry syrup, Oxley Gin, egg whites
The La Summer is calling my name. BTW, if you are ambitious enough to try and drink through the whole list, the hotel is offering a special Red Rover rate of $240. Yeah, that’s the discount, but I guess the hotel DOES have a view of the ocean and a cool pool area.
EVENT: MONDAY, JULY 12 at 6pm
1301 Ocean Avenue
Santa Monica, California 90401 (map)