Our L.A. bartenders are back from Tales of the Cocktail in New Orleans and boy, are they beat. Lots of cocktailing, partying, schmoozing, debauchery…and cocktailing in humid, high temperatures. Fortunately, Aidan Demarest of Hollywood Roosevelt’s Spare Room knows just how to cure what ails them.
Next Tuesday the 30th, he’s throwing an exclusive pool party at the Hollywood Roosevelt for 100 or so of his bartender friends, as a follow-up to his infamous Recovery Room at Tales.
Thanks to a slew of liquor sponsors — Cointreau, Brugal Rum, Zu Vodka, Piper Sonoma Champagne, Abita Beer, Fortaleza Tequila, Four Roses Bourbon — guests will be retoxed with the following hangover-relieving cocktails:
- The Anti-Oxidant: Zu vodka, pomegranate, Cointreau and lime
- Green Room: Champagne, Cointreau and mango puree
- The Noon-Day Reviver: Brugal Rum, ginger and bitters
- Pit Stop Shot: Zu vodka, Chipotle and OJ served with 2 aspirin and 2 Vitamin C
- Speedy Recovery: Brugal Rum, Cointreau, black tea, lemon and honey
- Super Sangrita: Fortaleza Tequila, Cointreau, lime served with a fresh carrot, beet and ginger chaser
Aidan was quick to remind me that studies show that drinking is actually healthy. Well, that’s all I needed to hear!
At this pool party lucky attendees will also be treated to a stress-relieving yoga class by the Roosevelt’s Donna DeCoster (Runyon Canyon Yoga), a massage by Gabriel Kimson (Conceptual Wellness) and a mini facial. Bonus is that girls will get a makeover after their facial so they can return to the party gorgeous.
** CONTEST CLOSED***
Again, this exclusive party is for bar industry folk BUT Aidan was generous enough to give me five pairs of tickets to give away to five lucky crackheads. If your calendar is cleared that morning (obviously, no 9-5ers..unless you, ahem, call in sick) and you want in, all you have to do is the following for a chance at the tickets (no limit to how many times you enter):
- Leave a comment below saying what’s your favorite hangover cure. I’m always on the lookout for a new one!
- Tweet: “I wanna go to @cointreauusa @hwood_roosevelt’s pool party, @carolineoncrack! http://wp.me/pNkdL-2cL”
- Post on my Caroline on Crackheads Facebook page what’s your favorite hangover-relieving cocktail and you must tag Cointreau and Hollywood Roosevelt in your post (you have to like their pages to be able to tag them).
I’ll randomly pick 5 winners via Random.org on Friday at noon and notify them via email. If I don’t hear from you by 5pm this Friday, I’ll draw another winner so check your email, crackheads!
EVENT: TUESDAY, AUGUST 30 at 11am