With L.A. being on a big time juicing kick lately thanks to the popularity of juice bars like Pressed Juicery and Liquid Juice Bar, it’s no wonder that the health craze found its way into our local cocktail bars. And as cocktails were originally created to cure what ails ya, the addition of fresh vegetable juices is the perfect marriage.
Here are a few veg juice cocktails available around town to keep you happy and, ahem, healthy. Sante!
BLVD 16‘s Beets Me: Citron vodka, organic beet juice, lemon juice, agave nectar
Eva Restaurant thought up a few “hair of the dog” cocktail remedies featuring the likes of kale for Vitamin C and iron, celery as a cleanser and beets for increased stamina.
- Kale: kale juice, silver tequila, lime, ginger, Dolin Blanc, cracked black pepper
- Celery: celery juice, London gin, house lime cordial, celery bitters
- Beet: beet and lemon shrub, aged rum, Dolin Blanc, ginger beer foam
Napa Valley Grille‘s Jolly Green Machine was created for Earth Day. Farmer’s Organic Gin, baby kale, lemonade, St. Germaine, club soda, agave syrup. The verdant cocktail layers tart and tangy flavors with grassy sweetness.
Pour Vous on Melrose has a whole category on its cocktail menu dedicated to health-conscious drinking! These are a couple of my favorites from there.
- Lapin Fou: Poire eau de view, carrot, lemon, Velay Jaune, ginger. Mmm, naughty carrot juice.
- Sur La Mer: Rhum, lime, E3 living algae, fresca, salt, evaporated cane. It’s alive! And it’s good for you. Don’t be scared of the live algae, the cocktail tastes daiquiri-esque.
Wolfgang Puck at Hotel Bel-Air added a Bloody Mary bar to its Sunday brunch. Included is the Bloody Carrot: carrot juice with horseradish-infused Ketel One Vodka and chili syrup.